A good professional executive portrait on LinkedIn (and anywhere else) is one of the most effective ways for you to stand out and market yourself. Just having a profile picture alone is enough to make your profile 14 times more likely to be viewed!
Follow these simple tips below and you’re on your way to the perfect LinkedIn profile photo and business headshot.
- Drink lots of water and get a good night’s sleep to avoid dark circles.
- Don’t overdress. Simple, clean, pressed clothes with a good fit look best.
- Avoid busy patterns, large stripes, and turtlenecks (unless you’re Steve Jobs).
- Men: Standard dress is a suit jacket, dress shirt, and tie. Bring a few different jackets, shirt colors and ties so you have some choices.
- Women: Simple jewelry, natural makeup. Jewel tones look great on everybody. Bring blouses with various necklines if you’re opting out of the dress shirt+jacket combo.
- Remember, your headshot is about your face, not your clothes. They should look smart, simple, and elegant, but they aren’t the star – you are!
- Don’t cut your hair the day before the shoot. It may sound strange, but you can definitely tell when someone just cut their hair in a portrait.
- Think of someone you love when you smile! It’ll be more genuine.
Call us to boost your business and book your executive portrait session today! Let Innovative Images Photography by Robert Berger help you craft a professional portrait that embodies your confidence and capability. Call us at 281-531-5269 for more information.